Friday, December 3, 2010

Week 14

The two applications I reviewed are google documents and picnik.

Google Docs is an innovative app that I see being extremely useful in the classroom. As a teacher, I could see it being used as a class-wide resource that can be edited by students throughout the year. This can be all sorts of different file types, too! I think that Google Docs is a wonderful and green alternative to communication within a group. A specific example of this would be to set up a spreadsheet of data and for homework have each child enter his or her data on the spreadsheet.

Picnik is the second app I chose to review. Picnik is a photo editing app that allows users to add text, change colors, and crop photos, among other things. I think that there may be some use for this in the classroom, however I am finding a hard time pinpointing a specific scenario. I think that a class may be able to use this for an art project or maybe a teacher could use this to make a photo collage of their class. Outside of those, I feel that this wouldn't serve too much of a purpose in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment